Monday, April 15, 2013

Children's Museum

Saturday we celebrated a good friend's birthday. He wanted to go to the Children's Museum to see their Superhero exhibit. I hadn't been for a long time.

Our Children's Museum is awesome. This is the outside.



Inside, there's a giant Dave Chihuly glass tower sculpture (because nothing says "children" like "glass" apparently). It's stunning. To get a sense of scale, each of those horizontal levels you see behind the tower are different floors of the museum. The tower is 43 feet tall and has more than 3200 pieces of blown glass in it.


The superhero exhibit was pretty small, but cool. There were tons of comics.



Andrew and I decided we needed this on our carpet at home.


I was able to design my own superhero. I've already thought a lot about what my superpower would be. I would like to be able to fly, but even more than that, I'd like to be able to encourage plants to grow. I'd be like Poison Ivy from Batman, but nicer.


There also was an extensive dinosaur/dragon display.






There were several dioramas that made no sense to me. Here, dinosaurs are at a juice bar manned by Hello Kitty. Why? I have no idea.


They also had a Hot Wheels exhibit. This car was designed for a 40th anniversary of one of their designers. It's covered in blue diamonds.


This is us! I love our group of friends very, very much. I much prefer visiting the Children's Museum with them than with children.



No comments:

Post a Comment