Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Socks

I finished the second pair of July sock club socks, this one with the yarn that came with the kit:
My Heart "Beets" for You pattern in Socks that Rock Lightweight yarn, Firecracker colorway


If you look closely and use your pretend eyes, can you see the beet on the heel?  The designer wanted to give the impression of beet greens down the leg and then the beet itself on the heel.

Like many patterns, I wonder if the pattern would be more visible if the yarn were semisolid, but I do like these.  I'm pleased to have both July socks done well before I'll receive the next shipment around the end of September.

What am I working on now, you ask?  I'll give you a hint.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! May your knitting flow smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not a sock gal yet. But I love that sweater pattern and have looked at it as a potential--but after your post last time, I sort of thought it best not to! Okay, so please update with progress reports!

    ReplyDelete