Thursday, April 29, 2010

January Socks and My Post-Sweater Scarf

Today I have two finished items to show you.

These are the January socks from my sock club. Yes, I know it's the end of April. I only get sock club shipments every other month, so technically I'm only one shipment behind. Since the January socks are now finished, I'm not even really behind. Ha ha! (she shouted triumphantly)

Anyway, these are toe-up, which I find difficult. I am not very good with toe-up, and they turned out too big. I'm probably going to have to give them away, but I haven't resigned myself to that yet.

Pretty, yes?*

Cascadia pattern (ravelry link), Happy Go Lucky colorway
January 2010 Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club
The scarf that I cast on while deep in the throes of sadness over the death of my beautiful sweater is also finished.
Entrelac Scarf (ravlery link),
Noro Silk Garden, 252 colorway
I love this scarf. I have knit this pattern four times now, but this is the first one that I've kept. Andrew bought me the yarn for Christmas (or my birthday, neither of us can remember), and it's just fantastic. I feel like I'm part of some special club. I've now knit with Noro.
*Ignore the bad photos. Someday maybe I'll take the time to learn how to avoid that. Perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, entrelac--very brave (well, to me!). And very beautiful, too--I love both of them--socks and scarf! I am going to admit something that might get me knitting black listed--but I cannot get myself to like that Noro yarn. Not feeling it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've used Noro, and I have mixed feelings as well. I'll be interested to see how the scarf wears. I've knit this scarf in Cascade 220 Superwash Paints, KnitPicks City Tweed, and Malabrigo Merino; I think it's great with lots of yarns--esp. if it's a semisolid or has very long color repeats.

    ReplyDelete