Friday, March 22, 2013

Nori Break

I frogged the cabled wrap... again. I'm taking a break from it and knitting this:

Nori (mine ravelled here),
knit in Dream in Color Starry, Emerald Darkness colorway (I think)

I have one more repeat before I begin decreasing. (It's now bigger than it was in this photo.) It's going well.

Now, if you look at the Nori pattern and then you look at the cabled wrap, something will become immediately clear: Nori is more difficult. It has a 12-row lace pattern with lacy things happening on every row. It's not crazy-hard, but I have to pay attention. I've done a lot of tinking (unknitting) because I got distracted and screwed up somewhere along the row.

The cabled wrap, on the other hand, is basically 2x2 rib. Every 12 rows you have some cabling action, but other than that its just boring rib done on skinny yarn. 

My problem knitting this must be mental. I'm hoping that completing something more difficult like Nori will convince the scared knitter living in my head that I am perfectly capable knitting the cabled wrap with no further problem.

Either that or I'll need to start looking for a new pattern for two different laceweight yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment