Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Everything Is Everywhere

I saw a beautiful painted record, and it made me want to make my own.

So I did.

I bought some acrylic paint and tried to paint a record green.


 It didn't go well.

Luckily, a friend had suggested spray paint.  I gave another record a couple coats outside (in the dark, wondering if the neighbors thought I was weird), let it dry a bit, and then wrote on it. These are the only supplies I needed besides the record.


I made this:


The quote is from "I Believe" from Carrie Newcomer's album Everything Is Everywhere. I love that album. I encourage you to buy it, not just because it's fantastic, but also because the proceeds go to support the Interfaith Hunger Initiative. The album is an interesting collaboration between Newcomer, a Quaker folk singer from Indiana, and the Indian classical musicians Amjad Ali Khan, Amaan Ali Khan, and Ayaan Ali Kahn.  Fantastic. It's startling to me how well the mix works.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment