Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Knitting

Through the wonders of the Internet, I often learn about yarn I'd like to try. One of them was Dream in Color Smooshy.  I've finished a pair of socks in that yarn.


Merino Lace Socks knit in Dream in Color Smooshy in Dusky Aurora colorway


I like the yarn (although I've felt smooshier), and I like the pattern, but the knitting, relatively speaking, felt like it dragged on and on. I've decided this is because the color is very wintry, and I'm not the kind of knitter who should knit wintry colors during the winter. It becomes too depressing.

Intellectually, I can understand why someone would want to curl up under a blanket, cup of cocoa beside her, and knit miles of gray tweed in January while contemplating the snowflakes.  I accept that I'm not that sort of knitter.  Too much wintry-ness and I become convinced I'm trapped in a dark freezer and will die there alone. Know thyself indeed.


It's no fault of the socks, and I know they'll get a lot of wear, but I'm now working on a pair of pink and purple striped socks.

They're flying.

1 comment:

  1. Smooshy is a wonderful yarn! I'm sorry you didn't like the wintery color, but I think the socks sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete