Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Andrew and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It's not that we're against the idea of showing affection toward those we love. We ARE against messages that portray men as hapless fools who don't know how to buy a present for their significant others. February 14 has no special meaning for us. There are other days in the year that do, and we celebrate on those days.

So, Happy Valentine's Day if you celebrate it, and please do your best to ignore the messages that bombard us saying that we need a heart-shaped necklace for the day to be a success. We don't. 

Also, remember that chocolate will be on clearance tomorrow.  THAT is worth celebrating.

Under the Exciting News category, last night I swatched for the Talamh sweater. My gauge was spot on. Getting gauge is a lot easier when I actually use the yarn for which the pattern calls, which rarely happens.

Talamh sweater knit in Blue Moon Fiber Arts BFL Sport 

BFL Sport doesn't actually come in that color, but when I inquired about it, they said they'd dye it for me. It makes me love Blue Moon just a little bit more, which I thought was impossible.

Oh!  I suppose that's not a very Valentine's-y photo.



Better?

No comments:

Post a Comment