- I love to classify things, including myself. For example, I'm a white, middle-class, liberal female Democrat. I work with some people who also fit this description, and yet we are very different. This is fascinating to me.
- People can be jerks. Pretentious, arrogant, obnoxious jerks. Turns out that walking quickly on the treadmill helps me get rid of my anger. This is good because I would undoubtedly be fired if I treated said jerks as I wish to treat them.
- I don't know why I've never read Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm reading it now and enjoying it, although I admit to putting it aside to read a couple other books. I pretend that's because I needed to read library books before they needed to be returned, but that's only partially true. Although I'm enjoying it, the sexism in the book is making me crazy, and I am stunned by the characters' stupidity. Of course Mina is going to get bitten. You're living next door to Count Dracula and he knows you want to kill him, you morons.
- Are there other classics I really should read because they're actually good?
- It's September 1, and this is the busiest month at my work. This makes me anxious and sad. I may not completely exhale until September 28 at 2:30. I look forward to that moment.
- I'm halfway down the foot of the second sock for my m-i-l's bff. I'm planning to start a pair of socks for Andrew when the current project is finished. We have two days' worth of family stuff this weekend, and I hope to knit at both.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Some Random Stuff I'm Thinking About
I know the post should be called, "Some Random Stuff About Which I'm Thinking." I wish that didn't sound so awkward. Prepositions, you are funny things.