Monday, April 4, 2016

Knitsonik Mittens Finished!

It's been a fascinating process, and I'm really glad I did it. Here is my inspiration:


Here are my finished mittens:

Knitsonik Mittens (ravelled here),
knit in Knitpicks Palette in Alfalfa, Grass, Thicket, Almond, Mist,
Sky, Chicory, French Lavender, Hyacinth, Blush, and Fuchsia

I think I like the palm of the mittens as much or more than I like the back. I love the simple, repeated pattern. There's so much going on color-wise that simple is best.


If you want to see more about the process, you can read about my inspiration, palette, color contrast, and charts from earlier posts. Here are some thoughts about the process from when I finished the first mitten.

I really like stranded colorwork, and I like that these mittens will always make me think of the original beautiful garden photograph. I'd be up for doing more projects like this!

3 comments: