Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Just Start

I've had the purple Falling Stars kit for a few... years. I'm trying to figure out why I'm so hesitant to begin. I really like stranded colorwork, so that's not it. I've done projects with the yarn and they were fine, so that's not it. The tiny gauge? Maybe.

But part of it is that I don't like how high the neck is. I have this thing with turtlenecks. After reading a million people's modifications on Ravelry, I decided to cast on more stitches than the pattern calls for (the number I'd have after the first round of increases on the chart), do 1" of ribbing as the pattern says, and then start on round 10 of the chart. That should cut out about an inch. I don't know if that's enough, but it's worth a shot.

I finally started last night.


And I twisted when joining to work in the round. That's not helpful, Falling Stars.

1 comment:

  1. Falling Stars is going to end up in the freezer if it doesn't get ahold of itself! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete