Friday, April 1, 2016

Procrastination

I've never been a big procrastinator. You can choose to feel impressed by that, or you can choose to know it's more obsessive behavior than virtue. To-mae-to, to-mah-to.

Despite that, I've been avoiding the second Knitsonik mitten. So many ends! So many color changes! 

Tuesday, I decided I was being ridiculous, and I started. Of course, once I began, I really enjoyed it. I love stranded colorwork knitting. I don't know why I thought this was going to be unpleasant.

Yesterday at the end of my lunch hour, I had this:


I have the tip of the mitten and the thumb to knit. Then it's weaving in the ends and blocking. True, there are many, many ends, but, even so, we're not talking about a lot of time left to finish this.

Let this be another reminder to me that the thinking about doing something is often much more unpleasant than the doing of the something. For people like me, the motto needs to be: Stop thinking. Just do.

No comments:

Post a Comment