I thought about what to say about that.
- I adore him.
- He's smart.
- And funny.
- And quirky in freakishly similar ways to me.
- And kind.
- And the kind of person I'd want to be with at the end of the world. Sure, we'd both die, but we'd go out together.
- And sexy.
- And my best friend.
- And steady as a rock.
- And I'm keenly aware of how amazing our relationship is and how rare it is to find someone you actually want to spend your life with.
- And I can honestly say I've never once doubted that this marriage thing was worth it because I was married to Andrew. This is pretty damn shocking considering some of the marriage role models I've had.
- And I'm the luckiest person ever.
All of that is true, and it all sounds like Hallmark crap. So, I'll just leave it at this:
Andrew, you are my very favorite person in the world. I have no idea how we got this lucky, but I'm guessing we had some really bad stuff happen to us in a previous life and the universe is trying to make it up to us. Let's not dwell on it. Thanks for loving me even though we've both changed a lot in the past ten years. There's no one I'd rather do life with than you.
I love you. Happy anniversary to us.
Oh, and I'm really looking forward to fried vegetables and a crock of gooey cheese. Thanks for helping us find a restaurant that has more than one vegetarian option for our anniversary dinner.