Friday, March 12, 2010

Recipe #9: Oven Roasted Potatoes

I receive e-mails from Vegetarian Times, and they recently had one with different oven-roasted potato recipes. I read one and thought, "I have potatoes. I have olive oil. I have kosher salt. I have black pepper. Why not?"

They were... fine. I think they need to have more spice on them, and they need to be eaten more promptly after being removed from the oven. It was a beautiful day (the only beautiful day in decades--it's rainy and sad again today) when I made these, so we decided to cook asparagus and burgers--meat and non-meat--on the grill as well. The timing could have been done better.

Anyway, they did turn out better than the sweet potato fries I tried shortly after becoming a vegetarian. That recipe had said that you couldn't use too much black pepper. That recipe was wrong.

This is something I may try again. I'm really ready for another big win on the Recipe Resolution front.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta tell ya, the Recipe Resolution Front sounds TERRIFYING.

    ---

    Have you heard of "Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning?" Tony C. is not kidding when he confidently proclaims "GREAT ON EVERYTHING" right there on the shaker. He wouldn't joke about something like that...

    However, he forgot to mention that it is "PHENOMENAL ON POTATOES."

    Nobody's perfect, I guess. But that Creole Seasoning is close.

    ReplyDelete