Tuesday, October 8, 2013

That's a lot of cables.

We celebrated some birthdays this weekend, which means I can show you another knitted present!*

knit in Knit Picks Stroll Sport, Peapod colorway

This was an instance of trying to find a pattern on ravelry and then being stunned that it said I already owned the pattern. It was positive reinforcement that I need to keep my ravelry library updated.

The pattern is from the very first Debbie Bliss magazine from 2008. When I went back to the magazine, I'm not surprised I flipped past it. It shows the sock all scrunched up around the ankle. That, my dear, is not the way to display a kneesock.

The pattern had a completely plain foot (why?) and also had me breaking the yarn before starting the foot and shuffling the stitches around (again, why?).

I didn't like the way that looked, so I did a heel flap over 31 stitches and then decreased down to 61 stitches for the foot. I continued the pattern down the top of the foot, omitting the cables because of the bulk.

I am amused by mirrored socks, so I did a 2x2 right cable on one and a 2x2 left cable on the other.

These are very tall, and they can be worn either over the knee or with the large, ribbed cuff folded over. My hope was that the folded cuff would keep them from slipping. That doesn't seem to be the case, so I ordered a pair of sock garters to go with them.

*Let's take a moment to notice Rachel's dress. It's so very pretty, and she found it on clearance for $8. Excellent work.

1 comment: