Monday, September 24, 2012

Gray Girl Friday

My Gray Girl Friday sweater is finished and has already been worn for three days (not consecutive, although I doubt that really matters).

Girl Friday (mine ravelled here)
knit in Berocco Inca Gold in gray (discontinued color)



Inca Gold is 80% wool and 20% silk, and it's lovely and cushy. The sweater turned out longer than I had hoped, although I must take responsibility for that since I refused to knit a gauge swatch. I started with a sleeve instead, and then didn't bother to wash the sleeve.

After washing, this yarn grows in length... a lot.

The collar isn't as pronounced as I think it should be, so if I were to knit it again I'd knit the collar quite a bit wider. Even though I'd make some modifications if I were to knit this sweater again, I love it. It's warm and comfortable and pretty, and it will get a lot of wear.

Yesterday I wore this sweater, and today I'm wearing my Talamh. It's been a long, hot summer, and I am very grateful for autumn.

2 comments:

  1. As I like my tops generally longer than is reasonable, I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that! Beautiful as is!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete