Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nocturne Approves

I've started a sweater. Because I am lazy and didn't want to do a proper swatch, I started with sleeves.

Nocturne approves.

Girl Friday (mine ravelled here) knit in Berroco Inca Gold in a discontinued gray color

I'm working on the back of the sweater now, and the knitting is jerking me around a bit. I measured two nights ago to see how much farther I had before I started shaping the armholes, and when I measured the next day at lunch after knitting, I was half an inch shorter. Knitting sometimes lies. I'm trying not to think too much about it.

I'm trying to get this finished this fall before it gets dark. I am proud of myself for remembering that I should not knit gray during the winter. Gray is my favorite color, followed closely by leafy kelly green, and I am always drawn to it as a sweater color. September? Yes. January? No.


1 comment: