Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Intrepid Traveler

This is the third year I've been a member of Blue Moon Fiber Arts' sock club.  I've gotten behind in knitting shipments from the club, which arrive every other month, but I recently finished the May socks.  (There's no need to talk about earlier months that still aren't finished.)

Intrepid Traveler by Gail Marracci knit in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight in the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test colorway

Who can resist yarn called the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test?  Not me.  These are very easy socks--a four row repeat that's easily memorized.  I think this is one of those rare patterns that would look good on a solid, striped, or variagated yarn.

I love this sock club.  It has pushed me to knit things I wouldn't ordinarily do.  For example, I did my only beaded project when I received my very first shipment in January 2009.  Blue Moon's yarn is very, very good.  The colors are fun, and the yarn is round and shows stitches well.  I'm a fan.

And cool colorway names don't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, I've considered taking up knitting just because of the cool colorway names. I love them.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete