Friday, August 12, 2011

Dreaming of Wool

Well, dreaming of wool and alpaca and, I'll admit it, even a bit of acrylic.

The sweater is currently drying.  It has buttons and everything.  I'll take pictures once it stops smelling like a sheep with a perm.  I'm still working on the socks, but my mind is wandering toward new things it wants to make.

1.  Holycrapthat'sanawesome Clock


This clock is awesome, and it needs to be mine. In fact, it needs to be other people's, too. I'm planning to make three of them. Retrobaby is a genius. Note to self: Buy clocks.

2.  HP bookmark

Somehow these are done so there is no wrong side. I think there is chanting involved. I want to make one of these for a friend's son.

3. 

I don't know how to crochet, but these tempt me to learn.

4.  

I'm the only knitter in the world who hasn't made one of these. Seriously, go find a knitter and ask him/her. Andrew doesn't need another knit scarf, but I find myself unable to stop knitting them for him. Hey, it's better than a crack addiction.

5.

I've made two pairs of these already, but I have plans for a third. My mother-in-law asked if I'd knit a pair for her to give to her bff for Christmas.  

Her bff has size 11 feet.

I love my mother-in-law very much.

6.  Fancypants cashmere scarf

I'd like to show you a picture of this, but the truth is that I haven't figured out the pattern.  I'm making it for one of my best friends. I bought the cream cashmere for 50% off when a lys was going out of business. It's really lovely yarn, and this is probably the only way I could afford to buy such deliciousness. I'm still trying to find a pattern that won't look too fussy. It's difficult to find a pattern for fingering weight yarn that works for a boy.

There are other things percolating, but these are what has captured my attention at the moment. Please note that the photos are all other people's. I've linked to the original websites below each picture. I'm so grateful to have access to so many wonderful designs via this fancy Internet!  Thanks, Al Gore!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy whatever it is that's occupying your mind right now.

1 comment:

  1. I have not made that Noro scarf either, so you are not alone. HOWEVER, I must make one of those clocks, and I must make it with Dr. Who scarf colors. Because I am just that much of a dork. ;-)

    ReplyDelete