Friday, April 22, 2011

One at a Time Is Just Fine, Thank You

Besides finishing the deer mitts, I also finished a pair of socks for me.


A friend bought me 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes, and I love a lot of the patterns in there.  I've decided that I have no desire to knit socks two at a time at this point in my life, but I'm happy to knit these one at a time and know that I can branch out in the future if I change my mind.

Be Mine socks knit in Knitpicks Stroll Tonal in Gypsy colorway

I like this book so much that I've started another pair of socks from it as well.

Sugar Maple socks knit in Knitpicks Felici in Botany colorway

It's a gross oversimplification, of course, but I've found that the socks in this book are easier than some of my other books.  Cookie A is fantastic, but I have to pay attention when I knit her patterns.  I'm finding these patterns to be visually very pretty, but not tricky to knit.  It's great for knitting while watching baseball!

1 comment:

  1. I suspect that I also may prefer to knit just one at a time. But I'm going to try it anyway and I'm glad to hear the patterns are simple! I just got the book in the mail the other day.

    ReplyDelete