Monday, March 7, 2011

Well, Sort Of....

It is possible that one of my resolutions just made it possible to break another.

I have been happily paying myself for working out.  I've been stockpiling the money with the knowledge that I can use it to buy whatever I'd like.  I don't spend money easily, so it's been sitting idle.

And then I saw this post.

I love her yarn.  I love her sense of humor.  I love her color choices.

The first yarn I bought from her became this

and the second became this


Actually, it became two identical pairs of those.  I gave the other set away.  Andrew bought me a skein of her yarn for my birthday in the colorway Angst for the Memories, which I haven't used yet.

Love. Her. Yarn.

So, when I saw the post with a fantastic colorway and a new base, I ordered it.  I actually had to stop myself from ordering both available skeins of Also, I Can Kill You With My Brain, and then I had to stop myself from ordering both a skein of that AND a skein of Tardis.

On one hand, I think this is precisely the sort of thing on which I should use exercise money.  I love it, will get lots of enjoyment out of it, and the purchase supports a small business.  On the other hand, I recognize that one of my resolutions was to knit with yarn from my stash instead of purchasing new yarn.

I just am unable to care in the face of such perfection.  Bring on the new yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment