Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rough Start

A and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods after work yesterday with our instruction manual, tools, and tape measure. Along with Golf Guy, who apparently is an engineer by day and Golf Guy by night, we took the elliptical machine apart enough to fit into our car. It took awhile, but it could have been much worse. There's also a broken spot I found on the frame, but I believe duct tape will fix that and add a bit of character at the same time.

We got it home and began carrying the pieces up to the loft. The final piece is the main bulk of the machine (minus arms, electronic piece, various plastic parts, and a gallon ziploc full of hardware). I carried the bottom while A went backwards up the stairs.

I am sorry to report that A has no latent telekenetic ability. If he did, I'm confident it would have shown up last night as his mind attempted to protect his body from damage.

I have tried to figure out how to express that trip up the stairs. I just can't.

Heavy.

So very heavy.

Later in the evening I began feeling tenderness in my neck and shoulders. Last night it woke me up. This morning I seriously contemplated whether showering was worth the pain. (You'll be pleased to note that I decided it was.) My shoulders and neck are... well, they.... never mind.

My current plan is to take ibuprofen every 4 hours and ignore it the best I can.

We're off to a rough start, the elliptical and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment