Thursday, November 5, 2009

Indianapolis Knitting Guild Mystery Shawl

It is finished.

Here it is pre-blocking. (Blocking is the process of soaking a finished piece, then stretching it into the shape you want and securing it with hundreds of straight pins. Then you let it dry, and it magically stays in that shape once you unpin it. This, and I can't stress this enough, won't work with acrylic. Don't bother.)


You will note that it looks like a wad of green poo.

Here it is in its bath.


Here it is stretched out and pinned. I do this on those foam mats that little kids play on. I can jab straight pins right into the foam. Try to ignore the colors, although I know that's impossible.


And this is the finished product.


I view this a bit like a wedding dress. The more people who wear the dress, the lower the cost per event. I would welcome the chance to lower the hours per wear, so feel free to borrow it!

1 comment: