Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Socks on a Softball Outing

Last night I went to my niece's softball game. She did really well--three doubles and a well-caught ball in left field. 

My mom went with me, and we sat and watched and knit, me on replacement socks for a friend and Mom on a washcloth. I briefly considered how weird we must look to the other spectators.

Nine-to-Five Socks (mine ravelled here),
knit in Knitpicks Felici, Minty colorway (discontinued)

I quickly decided I didn't care. Everyone who goes to these sorts of events should knit. I don't know how they keep their sanity without it. Softball is pretty fun to watch, but not all sports are, regardless of the delightful child playing.

I was able to finish the heel flap, turn the heel, AND complete the gusset before the game was over. All the other adults had to show for their time were sore bums from the bleachers.

1 comment: