Friday, September 20, 2013

Yay for Good Customer Service

On my first trip to Simply Socks, I bought a pair of 2.25mm Kollage square double-pointed needles. The first time I used them, they bent.

Significantly bent.



I was a little bummed about it, but just figured it wasn't going to be a good needle for me and moved on. Simply Socks is two hours away, so I wasn't going to pop over and return them.

On my second trip, over a year later, I was chatting with someone who worked there while looking at the Karbonz needles. They brought up the Kollage brand, and I told them that mine had bent so I didn't want to try another set.

Miles away, people heard the screech the employee made as she stopped in her tracks and stared at me. "They bent? Those don't bend. People who are especially hard on their needles buy those because they don't bend."

Oh. Mine bent.

They told me I should contact Kollage's customer service. I came across the needles in a drawer earlier this week* and called Kollage yesterday. I told them that it had been well over a year (the limit of their warranty) but that I had used them once, blah blah blah.

They asked me what color the needles were. They're bronze-ish. They were made in China, and Kollage has recently brought their needle manufacturing back to the States from China because of quality issues.

They're putting another set in the mail to me, this time American-made and, hopefully, unbendable.

Knitters are nice folks.

*Let's not pause to wonder why I kept dpns that were bent beyond usability. That's not the point of this story.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I'm totally going to email addi about my addis that bent (to be fair, they are 1.75mm). This is a good point b/c I just realized that maybe they weren't supposed to bend....and now I shall have to consider some Karbonz just bc I like their style.
    (I have had my bent unusable needles since May 2012, so you're not alone!)

    ReplyDelete