I ran out of scarf before I ran out of favorite things.
That's probably a good thing.
Lots of things make me happy,
and dogs and cats and scribbles
and pixel-y patterns
and red tractors
and hearts and Celtic knots and flowers and skyscrapers and other stuff.
I blocked it while still on the needles in case I needed to go inside the tube to fix something. The tractor turned out a bit wonky, but intarsia is of the devil. I was lucky to emerge as unscathed as I did.
Kitchnering 240 stitches together is an exercise in patience. I can always use exercises in patience. GLASS HALF FULL.
This is the biggest kitchner project I've done, and I learned something important: I should stop every 10 stitches or so and make sure I'm not pulling too tightly. I did pull too tightly, and it took a long time to try to work some ease back into it. Again with the patience.
Also, the provisional cast on was a little loose. You can see in the picture below the heart section connected to the square section (above the buildings). The heart section was the cast on, and it's a bit flared compared to the other end, even after blocking. It's not a big deal, but it's something to be aware of the next time I try that cast on.
(mine raveled here)
I linked to the patterns I used for each section on my Ravelry page, so feel free to go there if you want information about a certain section.
I really like this project. It did very little to lessen the scrap sock yarn though. I'm going to need to think bigger, like a blanket... or a car cozy. I'll keep you posted.