Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Get on Board

I've been feeling unsettled. Part of it is because the weather has been so strange. It's hard for me to be excited about spring when I don't feel like we've had a proper winter. Do you know I didn't wear long underwear or shovel snow even once this winter?*





Still, spring is here. Yesterday evening I took my fern outside. The poor thing held on throughout the winter, but I felt it breathe a sigh of relief when it felt the breeze. I'm hoping it will fill out some now.











I planted crocus bulbs for the first time last fall, and I have a couple of blooms already.





The Buddha is meditating on the passing beauty of a spring bulb.




















The peony has started to sprout.










The daffodils are in bloom. They certainly don't seem upset about the unseasonably warm weather.











Even the sedum has decided it's a good time to get going again.


There's nothing to do besides get on board and accept the changes. In that spirit, I made these for a baby shower I'm attending this weekend.

Saartje's Booties knit in Knitpicks Felici fingering in Positively Pink colorway

Newness is everywhere.

*I'm going to be honest. I hope you don't know that. That would be creepy.


1 comment: