Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wine & Canvas, Take Two

Back in August, I went to a Wine & Canvas event with a friend. We painted a hand holding flowers based on a Picasso. Saturday, we went back.

I'm not particularly artistic, and I'm okay with that most of the time.


The instructor said to use short brushstrokes, and my painting ended up looking like something inspired by pointilism. I like George Seurat. I'm going to pretend it was intentional.

The tree nearly pushed me over the edge. I couldn't get the lines to taper off into thinness, and that's the look we were going for. I heard more than one person say it would be a whole lot easier with a Sharpie.

At one point, the instructor said that the tree was a bit like a Tim Burton tree. I think that's an apt description.

I really like doing these even though it's hard and I'm always aware of the flaws at the end. It's a fun evening and the finished painting looks better once it's at home and away from everyone else's.

If you have an event like this in your area, I recommend you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment