Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Favorite Things

For our last beginning digital photography class, we were supposed to send any picture we wanted.  Flowers are some of my very favorite things to photograph, so I took one of my begonia bloom.


I never liked begonias.  They were old-fashioned flowers in my mind--prissy and belonging in a carefully planned flower bed.  I prefered the exuberance of the daisy or the pleasant memories I associated with moss rose, which we used to plant in our front flower bed when I was growing up.

When I saw this flower, however, I was smitten by it.  It was supposed to be for my mom for Mother's Day, but I convinced myself that she'd really prefer a hanging basket, so I kept it for myself.*  It's looked good on the porch all summer, and I've brought it inside to see if I can overwinter it. 

In knitting news, I'm ready to start my second ball of lace on the wrap.  I only have 3, and I'm a little nervous that it won't be long enough.  I'm trying to ignore that feeling and keep knitting.  If I need more, surely I can find it, right? 


Let's not think too hard about this and instead enjoy the pretty cables.  I hope you're all having a delightful Wednesday!

*I know I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not.

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely photos! Thanks for brightening a gloomy day.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete