Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Accountability, Part II

Sorry about the horribly mundane nature of this post, but really, you haven't come to expect sparkling brilliance, have you?  I thought not.

My New Year's resolution was, in general terms, "Love what you have and where you are."  I broke that into four smaller pieces, and here's the progress on those:

1.  I wrote that I couldn't decide if it was smarter to clean off my full mp3 player or buy a larger device.  As I reread that, I realized the choice was clear.  Why would I buy a different device when all that was needed was to clean off what I already owned?  Because I am OCD, I deleted 30 GB of data and spent a weekend putting music back on it.  Crazy?  Mais oui!

The good news is that the device is better organized and doesn't have music on it to which I will never listen.  (Timbaland, you're out.)  The bad news is that the best place to really listen to albums is the car.  My car won't play from my mp3 player, so I need to be more purposeful about carrying CDs in the car.

The fact that this is such a dilemma is an excellent illustration of how charmed my life is.  As Professor Henry Higgins says, "A reminder."

2.  I am kicking exercise's ass.  I've had a cold that decided to linger on for a week and a half, so I've just been walking on the treadmill and not pushing myself.  It's been working.  I've earned $20.  Take that, couch!

3.  I've started knitting this Bristow cardigan in yarn I bought when a local yarn shop was closing.  The yarn is Lang Yarns Silk Dream, and it's delightfully soft.  I'm also still knitting a pair of socks with stash yarn, but they were boring me to tears, so they haven't gotten much needle time.

4.  Our appointment at the upholstery place was postponed for a week because the owner was sick, but Andrew and I went on Saturday.  We're getting my little chair covered as well as some cushions we have.

Progress abounds.  It's good for me to write this out because right now I feel cranky and suspicious that one day soon everyone I know will figure out that I really have no idea what I'm doing.  That may very well be true, but I'm blundering along.

1 comment:

  1. I believe almost everyone could say "one day soon everyone I know will figure out that I really have no idea what I'm doing"! And yet, you keep doing it anyway. Good for you!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete