Monday, September 20, 2010

My Version of Liquid Courage

Tonight is the first class for the Master Gardening program.

I am anxious.

Don't bother saying, "Why are you anxious?  That's silly!  You want to do this!"  I know that.  I love to learn new things, but being in unknown situations is something I have to force myself to do.  All you extroverts out there should take a moment to be grateful for your situation.  I honestly prefer hanging out with introverts--I understand them, after all--but at times like these a little more extroversion would be appreciated.

Since that's not likely to happen, I did the next best thing.


I bought school supplies.

That frog is covered in glitter.  I figure that I'm going to be one of the youngest people in this class, and someone will undoubtedly make a dumbass comment about my age.  If this is the case, I might as well carry a folder I love.  I can always tell them that I had to wrestle it away from a 10-year-old girl.

The notebook is made of recycled goodness to make me feel a bit better about buying a glittery, nonenvironmentally-friendly folder.

The pens have an ultra fine point of .38mm.*  I write small normally, and my writing gets smaller when I am tense.

I am ready.

Master Gardening class, bring it.

*I am confident there is someone out there who loves office supplies as much as I do, someone who read that and gasped, "There's a .38 mm pen?!  But a normal micro pen is only .5mm!  That's amazing!"  No?  Okay, just me then.

1 comment:

  1. I am an introvert, but I love doing new things. Kind of a weird mix, but cooking class is an example of what we did in NOLA. Perhaps knowing we would never see those people again made it easier. Hope your class rocked.

    ReplyDelete