Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Color Me Orchid at the IMA

Sunday was the last day of the orchid exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and I didn't want to miss it.


It did not disappoint.


The only orchids I've ever had are the most common, easiest to grow ones, phalaenopsis orchids*. I currently have three, two large and one mini, and I have yet to successfully rebloom one. Hope springs eternal.


The orchid exhibit was held in the greenhouse with a pop-up shop in the museum proper. It was a good way to get traffic to the greenhouse, which is sorely needed since the change in IMA policies that made the grounds more difficult to visit.**


They had many, many orchid varieties I've never seen,


in all colors and patterns,


including some that look vaguely alien.


It was a lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon.

*If you want to learn more about them, click here.
**Yes, I get why they did it. No, I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment