Monday, February 22, 2016

Stripy Grays

My stripy gray socks are finished! I washed them yesterday and was thrilled they were dry so I could wear them to work today.

Stripy grays in my normal 3x1 ribbed pattern (mine ravelled here),
knit in the very sensible Patons Kroy Socks Ragg Shades in Blue Striped Ragg

I first saw this colorway on Glenna C's website here. I fell in love immediately. The fact that it's a workhouse yarn such that I could make a pair of socks for around $12 strengthened my love.

They're fraternal twins.


I could have done an afterthought heel to preserve the stripes, but it didn't seem worth the effort since I wasn't trying to match them to one another. These will get a ton of wear. They're subdued enough to wear to work, but colorful enough to be cheerful. Despite the name of the colorway, I consider these gray socks, not blue.

1 comment: