Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Simple projects

I have been knitting, but it hasn't been anything earth-shattering. It's just been easy projects I can do while reading or watching telly.

knit in Knitpicks' Felici yarn, Goth colorway 
(discontinued, because they are morons)

I did those in my usual 64 stitch rounds with the cuff as 1x1 rib and the leg and top of foot as 3x1 rib. Whenever I had a color change, I did one round of k1, sl1 to make the stripes jagged instead of perfectly straight. I did the short-row heel because I have realized how much I like preserving the stripes. I still hate trying to get the waste yarn out and stitches back on needles for the heel, but it's worth it for self-striping yarn.

Probably.

Cosmic Ribs (mine ravelled here),
knit in Miss Babs Cosmic Hand Painted Sock, Across the Universe colorway

These are for Andrew, knit in yarn he picked out while high on wool fumes at Simply Sock. I'm not in love with them, but I am in love with Andrew. It's my usual ribbed pattern, but with a heel flap this time 'cause who the fuck can see the heel anyway?


Rosa rubiginosa mitts (mine ravelled here),
knit in Knitpicks' Chroma fingering, Morning Mist colorway 

This time it's just the color that's been discontinued, not the entire yarn. (I'm glad I didn't know that before I started knitting.) I used almost all the leftover yarn from Andrew's Ribbed for His Pleasure hat. I feel like it should be documented that I had enough leftover yarn to actually make something useful. I thought being able to find uses for scrap yarn that didn't include "franken" in the title was a myth, like delicious fat free cheese and people not oversharing on Facebook.

These are the third pair of mitts I've made of these pattern (here). A friend's sister-in-law saw one of the green pairs and requested a purple pair for herself, and so I made these for the friend to give to her sister-in-law (a bit convoluted, but hopefully you know what I mean). I didn't feel right charging because a) friend, and b) leftover yarn, so said friend is going to take a pair of my shoes and get them shined by her magic shoe shine guy near her work. The barter system is alive and well.

Besides knitting, I've been doing a lot of reading (fluff) and playing outside in my yard.

And... if I'm honest, there's been some time when I've felt a lot like Nocturne and just wanted to snuggle up in a blanket cave.


That cat's no dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment