Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chevrons, Please

One of my goals for this year was to make a pillow. I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I never got around to actually doing it. Putting it on my list of goals gave me a better shot at following through. I love to mark something off a list. I decided I'd do one of the chevron pillows from Knit Simple Holiday 2013.

Then I realized I didn't really need to mess with two different yarn colors. I bought three balls of Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Long Print n grayscale from Webs during their sale.


Why not let the yarn do all the work? I used the pattern from the Jaywalker socks (I've made 3 pairs of Jaywalkers--here, here, and here--it's a great stitch pattern) over 95 stitches.

Jaywalker Chevron Pillow (mine ravelled here)

I knit the front and back panels separately. Once they were finished and blocked, I sewed three sides, fit it over a 18" square pillow form, and sewed the fourth side closed. The pattern suggested inserting a zipper into the fourth side so you could take the cover off and launder it, but I don't know how to put in a zipper. So, I just sewed it shut and will hope any spills on it can be spot cleaned.

I'm proud of the way the seaming turned out on the top and bottom. I flipped the pieces so the zigs of the front fit into the zags of the back.


Still remaining on the 2014 goal list is a steeked sweater, namely the Falling Stars kit I purchased. I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that yet. I've been avoiding it for at least a couple of years.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! How clever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shades of gray! what's not to like? :) very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yarn, but nice, nice, NICE job on the seaming! Flawless!

    ReplyDelete