Friday, May 11, 2012

Right and Wrong

Andrew and I visited my sister and her family in Philadelphia recently. It's a twelve-hour car ride. That's a lot of knitting time. I spent lots of time working on the scarf and a little time working on a new pair of socks.

Inlay socks knit in Berrocco Comfort

The socks take attention. They're not difficult per se, but there are a ton of two-stitch twists and a typical row has me chanting, "LEFT, right, right. LEFT, right, right."

I assumed I wasn't making much progress on them because the pattern required me to pay attention, and that was part of it. However, I haven't knit in two days. That's weird. Really weird. 

I've decided it's because I don't think the pattern shows up well enough on these socks to justify the attention required. It's a great pattern. It's just not great in this yarn. It's time to frog it.

I'm thinking Blackrose. I wish all of life's mistakes were this easy to identify and correct.

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually seriously anti-frog, but I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I've seen some Inlay socks that really pop. Your knitting really is lovely, though. Can't wait to see the Blackrose socks. There are some really pretty gray ones on ravelry, so good call! :)

    ReplyDelete