I recently came across an artist on etsy whose work I love. I especially love her flowers, like this one. Then I saw someone who made art out of paint chips.
This weekend I made my own paint chip art. Here's how to do it in case you want to make your own.
1. Get paint chip samples in colors you love. Buy inexpensive frame. Borrow various circle hole punches. My mother-in-law is into rubber stamping in a big way, and she let me borrow SEVEN different circle hole punches. I had them all the way up to 1.75".
2. Organize your paint chips by color.*
3. Cut long strips of yellow and green paint chips from strips that have several shades in the same family. These will be used as stems and rays from the sun.
|Made for my sister|
4. Cut circles of different sizes and colors to use as the flowers. I used three different sized circles layered on top of one another for each flower.
5. Punch various-sized circles of yellows and whites to use as sun and cloud. Stick everything to the paper with double-sided tape.
|Made for me|
7. Look at often and tell yourself how awesome you are.
*Why? Because that's how God intended things to be, that's why.