Friday, February 19, 2010

New Additions

I'm halfway to my Knitting Olympic goal!

I love these socks. (Okay, technically, it's just one sock. I love this sock.) I love the yarn. I love the pattern. I love the pattern with the yarn. I have a feeling there will be more Leyburns in my future.

Do you know what, besides sitting on the couch watching the Olympics, gives you lots of time to knit?





Waiting for this:

Our new niece, Ruth Allison, was born yesterday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Everyone is doing well.

Welcome to the family!



3 comments:

  1. I think I'm ready to learn to knit. Because I'm jealous of your foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Bonnie, I am picking myself up off the floor after reading your comment on my blog--serious laughter ensued! (I love your sox, btw!) I needed that belly laugh for sure--so yes, we can be BFFs--I hope your IK arrives today! Regarding tempeh, on my first encounter, I thought it had gone bad--(and it does look like suet--LOL) and asked the WF dude, what might have happened? He totally set me straight. Tempeh is, in my opinion, better than tofu. At least with tempeh, you get texture--and you can dress it up however you want. My rule with it is: boil it first for ten minutes. Then do whatever you want--but it helps to marinate it for a hot minute before cooking. Some cookbooks say longer, blah. I don't have that kind of time! I treat it like chicken for most of my recipes--it's my fave vegan food fare next to Match Meats and seitan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Em - I shall teach you.

    @ Kelly - That gives me hope. I didn't boil it. I think I had it chopped up in a stirfry or something. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete