Friday, January 22, 2010

Priorities

The mittens and I have made serious progress. I'm going to have to rip out the thumb and try that again, and I am afraid they're too long and that will be a horrific frogging session and possibly screw up the swirlies, but I refuse to accept defeat. Progress.


I am trying not to think about the fact that I have to do this entire process again for the left mitten.


In the meantime, I'm getting ready for vacation! Yes, there are the clothes and the travel arrangements and the reservations to be considered, but the real question is,


What will I knit?*


The project has to be small.
The pattern has to be easily memorized but not boring.
It has to be able to be put down and picked up and put down and picked up many times without fear of losing my place.


I've found four sock patterns I'm going to bring: Froot Loop, Hedgerow Socks, Bellatrix (ravelry link), and Circle Socks. Sometime within the next few days I'll pick out sock yarn from the stash, perhaps finally put the socks-in-progress on stitchholders so I can use those needles, and then I'll be good to go.

Vacation in 6 days and counting. Bring it.

*This question is followed immediately by, "Where is a yarn shop located at my vacation destination so souvenir yarn may be purchased?"

No comments:

Post a Comment