Thursday, January 29, 2015

Arbutus

After the Farmer's Market cardigan (a post on that soon) and Andrew's boring socks, I wanted to knit something that was pretty fast and didn't come in pairs. Enter Arbutus.

Arbutus (mine ravelled here),
knit in Juniper Moon Farm's Zooey, color #11 Mainsail

It's an interesting construction. It's one piece with three "rings" in the front made by a combination of short rows and partial bind off/cast ons. The back is solid. It was a very fast knit. It required a tiny bit of attention, but not much. I did have to start it twice because I twisted the join the first time. That's a rookie mistake I make more often than I care to admit.

It took less than a ball of Zooey, which I had left from a test knit I did for Juniper Moon. Zooey is a cotton/linen blend, so this is something I'll wear to work rather than wearing to walk the dog in cold weather.

Andrew assures me that I can wear navy with black pants, and he's much more clothing-aware than I am. I choose to believe he's correct, and that's what I'm wearing at work today.

This was a nice palette cleanser. I'm now working on another pair of socks for Andrew!

1 comment: