Friday, July 11, 2014

Day Trip

Unbeknownst to me, Rachel snapped this picture of me while we were shopping at Simply Socks Yarn Company in late June. It makes me smile.


Huh. Did I not blog about this trip? Why not?

We took a random Tuesday off, drove to Fort Wayne and had a lovely day. We went to Simply Socks, four or five different thrift stores, and DeBrand chocolate.

Our favorite thrift shop was the Dove's Nest Thrift Shop. It had fabulous things, like this hat and scarf:


and a selection of books that had not been approved by the staff.


I bought a small green glass vase for 50 cents, a couple Avon cologne bottles in the shape of a Mustang and Thunderbird, some presents, and two vintage purses ($7 total for both purses). I'm quite sad I don't live closer to that store. I don't particularly enjoy shopping, but I enjoyed that place a lot... except for the purse area which had a CD on loop singing a horrible song over and over and over--something about "spirit to spirit." I wanted to roundkick that stereo until it died and then smash the CD into tiny pieces. I'm fairly sure that was not the reaction the artist was hoping for.

I've said it before, but if you're anywhere near Fort Wayne, Indiana, go to Simply Socks Yarn Company. You'll need to check their website to see when they're open for visitors, and you'll need to plan on spending an hour or two. Then head over to the Dove's Nest Thrift Shop and finish the day with chocolate. Perfect!

3 comments: