Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Now I Understand

It's been a rough few weeks at work. Everything seems to be breaking, and I don't know how to fix most of it. I keep reminding myself that the "only way out is through"* and that my background is in theology instead of IT and therefore I shouldn't expect to be able to fix IT problems.

Still, there's only so far that reasonable attitude can take me. Last night I stopped at the grocery to pick up the necessities: milk, bananas, and Ben & Jerry's Phish Food frozen yogurt.

Milk. Check.

Bananas. Check.

The frozen yogurt is on the top rack in the freezer. The flavors to the left and right are there. I can see the Phish Food, but it's too far back on the rack and I can't reach it. I spent a couple of futile attempts trying to reach it with other things. I briefly consider asking a tall stranger to help, but reject that idea since my attitude is lousy enough I don't trust myself to appear cheery rather than crazy. No need to scare strangers in the freezer section.

Is it more likely that I a) have pissed off the Universe in some way, b) the Universe is saving me from myself by not allowing me to medicate through chocolate, or c) there's been a run on this particular flavor and the Universe has nothing to do with it?

Okay, I know the answer is C. I really do. But still.

*Thanks, Alanis.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you've built up enough good will with the universe that the answer is B. :)

    ReplyDelete