Monday, January 14, 2013

Steam Age Henslowe

Henslowe is finished!
Henslowe by Beth King (mine ravelled here),
knit in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, Steam Age colorway

I've knit a couple small shawls like this now (the other one being the Nefertem), and I'm pleased with the amount of use they're getting. It's possible I'm going to become someone who wears scarf-y, shawl-y, wrap-y things with some regularity.

This also seems like a good way to use some of the very pretty, very difficult to find a pattern for, variegated sock-weight yarn I have. I'm drawn to the sock yarn with a lot of colors, but I have a hard time finding sock patterns that don't get lost in that type of yarn. 

I'm deep in the throes of Spectra right now. I'm knitting it with a black border and Roller Skate wedges.


There's a lot more done than this picture shows, but I want to save the reveal for when it's finished. It will be a Reveal with lots of Dramatic Arm Gestures. I have 70 of 86 wedges finished, so I'm hopeful to get it done and blocked this week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your Henslowe looks great and I can't wait to see Spectra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the Dramatic Arm Gestures! Beautiful work on the Henslowe.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete