Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Embrace the Weird

I read a lot of blogs. This morning, I visited Stitched in Color, and her post was about a redesigned sewing room.

I love this sort of post. I would love to own a coffee table book filled with pictures of organized spaces. I know that's weird, but there it is.

I've actually toyed with the idea of being a professional organizer, but there's a problem: I hate people. I mean, I don't actually hate people, but  they wear me out. I wouldn't want a job where my sole purpose was to make people happy with their stuff.

For one thing, people would want something different than what I wanted for them, and that would mean they were obviously wrong. This attitude may be a bit counterproductive if I wish for them to pay me.

So far, I have not found a way to earn a living from this devotion to organization. Nobody has offered to pay me for organizing their crayons by color even though everyone needs her crayons organized by color.

I realize this is a random post, but that's all I have for today. I've been working on painting furniture for a friend (last night and tonight involve purple paint and a coffee table), and I finished cutting out my quilt squares yesterday. A photo of a big stack of white 3" fabric squares isn't very fascinating, so I don't even have a photo for you.

Ooh, wait! How about this?
They look kind of like that, except more rectangular and not as interesting.

Maybe I'll try the double knitting again today at lunch. That should be good for a few laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie: You are in good company with regard to "people"!

    ReplyDelete