Monday, February 18, 2019

Cycles: February

I'm beginning to understand that there are cycles of thought that should be respected rather than seen as a personal shortcoming.

For example, I used to feel badly about the obsession I would feel in February to research and order new flowers. I realize now that looking at seed catalogues and planning where I could plant new things is a very good coping mechanism for the gray and brown of February. It give me hope that someday soon the grass will once again green up and plants will dare to bloom.

This was yesterday morning:


I've started a wishlist of plants I'd like to buy. I want to try a couple plants that didn't work at all last year: lisianthus and ranunculus. They're beautiful enough that I'll try again. I plan to buy more dahlias even though the ones I overwintered in vermiculite in my garage didn't come back last season.

Hope springs eternal, and that's just fine by me. Hold on. Spring is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment