Monday, October 30, 2017

The Wisdom of TV

I keep a notebook by my normal spot on the couch so I can write down quotes from TV. Here are some from the book:


"All I know is that I don't want to be mad anymore."
"Then maybe don't be."
Robert and Sol in Grace and Frankie



"I just want you to think. Do you know what thinking is? It's just a fancy word for changing your mind."
"I will not change my mind."
"Then you will die stupid."
The Doctor and Bonnie (Zygon, not me) in Doctor Who



"I don't want to talk about it."
"I regret the words I've said already."
Rosa Diez and Raymond Holt in Brooklyn Nine-Nine



"Grow up?! I have a Roth IRA! I eat wheat toast! YOU grow up."
Terry Jeffers in Brooklyn Nine-Nine


"Kimmy, I don't know what to say, so I'm hoping the tone of my voice makes you think that I do, okay, sweetie?"
Titus Andromedon in Kimmy Schmidt


"You're very Grace right now. I mean, there's a lot of Grace going on."
Frankie in Grace and Frankie


"Macrame is just like knitting except everyone hates it."
Archimedes in Puss in Boots


"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No, I don't think I'm emotionally available for that yet."
Mitch in Rosewood


"That's enough. Life is too short for conversations like this."
Elderly writer character from PC Game The Raven


"I like books. They're so much less terrifying than people."
Leonard Finch in Grantchester


"Does sarcasm help?"
"Wouldn't it be a great universe if it did?"
River Song and The Doctor in Doctor Who


"And, Dad, how do you feel?"
"Let me check in." <pause> "Nope, never mind. That was scary."
Bud and Sol in Grace and Frankie

1 comment: