Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Blues

Some yarn is harder to work with than others. Most of the time, I can figure that out by looking at it and avoid it. Sometimes I can't.


Diagonal Rib Socks (mine ravelled here)
knit in Regia Hand-Dye Effect in 06552

This yarn is splitty, and got VERY thin in sections. I am not a fan, and I'm not sure how they'll wear. The socks look pretty, and the pattern, as always, is great. (I think this is my 10th pair of this pattern. Ann Budd knows what she is doing. I knit mine slightly differently than the pattern, but just because I'm odd and not because there's anything wrong with the pattern.) I'm just grateful to be finished and moving to a yarn that isn't so difficult to work with.

And I'm praying I didn't buy another ball of this, but I'm too scared to check the stash to find out for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure very splitty yarn was developed by the devil. It escaped from the pits of Hell via a tiny crack that a fledgling demon forgot to seal. (I'm not melodramatic at all. :) ) I'm really impressed that you finished these. I might have thrown them in the waste bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results from splitty yarn. There's a lesson in there somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete