Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Gradient Raglan

Yep, I'm over the Not Knitting.
 
Gradient Striped Raglan (mine ravelled here),
knit in hand-dyed Ella Rae Classic 
and Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Worsted in black

I mashed together the Adult Raglan instructions from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns with some of the instructions from the Twisted Little Raglan from the same book. The neckline is a combination of the two patterns. The decorative yo at the raglan edges and the twisted ribbing down the sleeves and sides of the body are from the Twisted Little Raglan pattern, and the other math came from the adult raglan sweater.

When you ask a coworker to take photos of your new sweater,
be prepared to have to do at least one pose that makes you feel ridiculous.

I'd like the body striping to start higher, but I couldn't figure out a simple way of doing that without having the striping on the tops of the sleeves as well, which I wasn't thrilled about. I made the sleeve stripes near the wrist, reversed the color sequence, and made the stripes smaller (3 rows of color on the sleeves compared to 5 rows of color on the body).

I bought the black yarn when a yarn shop was going out of business without having an idea what I was going to use it for. I had 918 yards, and I had only a partial skein left when I was finished with the sweater, so I definitely needed to use it with other yarn. It's very soft and lovely, and it spit spliced like a boss.

I'm thrilled I found a good use for the gradient yarn I dyed as part of the class at Nomad Yarns. Shockingly, I even had enough yarn left to knit a hat (that I haven't taken a photo of yet). Sadly, it's too tight for my noggin, but I'll find a kid to give it to.

I've gone back to knitting the Persian Dreams blanket. I'm on block 6 of 24. I enjoy it, and it feels good to be back to it even though I have to be careful not to knit too long since it's tough on my hands. 


It feels good to be back to knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sweater is perfect! You did a wonderful job on it!

    ReplyDelete